Saturday, July 26, 2008

oOps... diArRhOea

I caught the Diarrhoea virus. Oh No... I just came back from KKH A&E. Since this morning, I got diarrhoea and it was quite bad to the extent that I poo for almost 10 times in a day. Mummy starts to get worried when I have urge to vomit during my feeds and slight warm body temperature near evening time.

Doctor diagnosed me with Gastronenteritis. This refers to a gut (intestine) infection where there is diarrhoea. As advised... Most importantly, Mummy needs to watch out to avoid me getting dehydrated due the diarrhoea. So I need to increase my fluids intake.

'The most common cause of diarrhoea is a virus called rotavirus. Rotavirus causes gastroenteritis, an infection of the gut. The infection damages the inner lining of the intestine. The injured lining leaks fluid and allows food to pass through without absorbing any nutrients. Diarrhoea in babies can also be caused by formula feeds not being made up properly, colds, antibiotics, food poisoning, allergies, or more rarely, enzyme deficiencies.'

Suspecting if itz due to the egg yolk I had for dinner on friday nite. Itz not the 1st time I try out, the last time round I took was steamed egg. However, this time round was just mixed into my porridge and boiled. Mummy concludes that steamed egg is safer after this incident.

Haiz... Itz indeed awful to be unwell. Mummy & Daddy finds me less active, and they feel worried too.

Hopefully this naughty virus goes off soon...

No comments: